Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Scary Bookish Things

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.


In honor of Halloween the topic for today was left to our choice. I decided to go for the top seven bookish things that scare me.

Realistic dystopian worlds
There are some dystopian books that scare me because I can easily imagine, that the world they are describing is an actual possibility. I don't mind reading more of these books.

Horrors that will make your blood run cold
I love well written horror books that can make you sleep with your lights on or not sleep at all - my favorite example for horror story is "The Call of Cthulhu" by H. P. Lovecraft. 
If you have any recommendations for a horror book of this caliber, please leave it in the comments..

Cliffhangers that make you say WTF
I love them, but I hate it when I have to wait for ages to find out what's going to happen next.

Unfinished book series
If a favorite series of mine is never going to be finished, it's a huge problem. That's the reason why I prefer to start reading series when it's already finished.
If anyone has this fear, let me know in the comments that I'm not the only strange one here...

Books series that suck
I like finishing what I've started, but it's really bad when it comes to book series that are just bad...And that's the reason why I prefer stand-alones...

Running out of space
The fear is real!!! My room is small and books are everywhere...

Lending books
I should stop doing this. The fear of not getting my favorite books back is just too much to bear...

Hope you like my take on this one...it's not really standart...Tell me what you think about my picks in the comments and if you have a blog post about this topic share a link and I'll be happy to read it :)

6 comments:

  1. I have this fear of dying before a book series is finished and then never knowing! I like to believe that in heaven, I can read all the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Author dying before he/she finishes a book series is another bad outcome :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, I did my top ten this week on literary costumes! http://www.thebookdisciple.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliffhangers! The honest to goodness cliffhangers are the worst but also the best. Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely with you on the unfinished series! I hate when that happens! Or if you have to wait forever for the next part, or have no idea when the next part is even coming out. I also prefer to either read a series when a good amount of books have come out or if all books have come out, so you are not alone in that :)
    And i am also with you on the book series that suck, because i can't not finish series as well, once i start i have to read it all and i hate if they are just terrible! and sadly that happens more often then not. Very few series are actually great from start to finish, sadly.
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^.^ I want to give up on series that I don't really like but no success for now :D

      Delete