Thursday, November 12, 2015

Book Traveling Thursdays: Favorite Kind Character

The Book Traveling Thursdays meme is created by Danielle at Danielle’s Book Blog and Catia at TheGirlWhoReadTooMuch. Every week you choose a book for your blog post that fits the weekly theme (which you can find in the Goodreads group), you share why you chose that book and finally post picture of the original cover, the covers from your country, your favorite cover, and your least favorite cover.


This week’s topic is dedicated to the World Kindness Day and to our favorite kind characters. The characters, that we can't help, but fall in love with, the ones, that we want to be our best friends, because everybody needs kindness in their life.

I choose Auggie from "Wonder" by R.J. Palacio, because this is the book, that speaks kindness to me the most. I doubt that there is a person, who have read the book and stayed indifferent to it.

Original Cover:
I think it's this one. Correct me if I'm wrong. This is a really simple cover, but it fits the book perfectly.

Bulgarian & Favorite Cover: 
It's almost the same as the original one. The only difference is the quote from the book:
"I won’t describe what I look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse."
I love this quote.

Least Favorite Covers:
                   1) French                                    2) Serbian                                            3) Slovak

I don't like the color scheme in the French cover. The Serbian cover lacks art. As for the Slovak cover - faces on the covers are a no-no for me.

If you have a Book Traveling Thursdays blog post, share it in the comments. I would love to check it out :)

2 comments:

  1. Agh, that French one is a bit too intense. 0_0 I kind of like the Serbian one though (I 'm with you on the Slovak though...no no faces on covers!) I definitely like the original cover a lot too. xD Auggie is amazing. And this book AHHH SO MANY FEELS.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right - it's like some of the crazy "moving" pictures, that are going around the Internet. I don't think it's appropriate for the book at all...

      Delete