Friday, July 31, 2015

#TBRTakedown 2.0 Wrap Up

For me this read-a-thon is officially over since I won't be able to finish anymore books for the remaining four hours. I am very pleased that I was able to complete all of the challenges and not only that, but I liked all of the books that I've read.


For the first and second challenges which were to read first book in a series and to read sequel book in a series I chose "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" and "Days of Blood & Starlight" by Laini Taylor.
These books were amazing and I can't wait to start the last one. Usually I don't like books with angels, but these were great. The story, the characters, the writing style...just everything.

For the third challenge which was to read a book out of your comfort zone I chose "The Ice Dragon" by George R.R. Martin.
It was not as brilliant as I wanted it to be, but it was still a pleasant read. The pictures were wonderful.

For the fifth challenge which was to read a book that was sitting on your shelf for over a year I chose "Maleficent" by Elizabeth Rudnick which I loved. To be honest I prefer this take on the story for the Sleeping Beauty.

The last challenge was to read your most recently hauled book. Since I wanted to watch the movie I chose to read "Paper Towns" by John Green.
I really liked the book. It's definitely not better than "The Fault in Our Stars", but I enjoyed reading it. The movie on the other hand was a complete train wreck in my opinion.

These are all the books that I managed to read in this read-a-thon. Share in the comments how was the read-a-thon for you if you participated  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment