Saturday, August 1, 2015

July Wrap Up

For the month of June I managed to read a total of 28 books - some of them I listened as audiobooks and some of them were easy to read manga. I participated in two read-a-thons this month which helped a lot with my reading.
So, without any further ado here are the books that I've read for the month of July:


"Niebla" Trilogy by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Genre: Horror
I liked these books, but they were not great. I have a review about the trilogy here.


"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë

Genre: Classics
I really, really liked this book although I can't say the same about the characters.

"Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë

Genre: Classics
Again, I did love this book, but couldn't stand the characters.

Detailed thoughts about both books can be found here.

"A Series of Unfortunate Events" #1-#4 by Lemony Snicket

Genre: Middle Grade
I'm not a fan of middle grade books but these are some creepy books. I listened to the audiobooks and I must say that Tim Curry as Count Olaf was perfect. I was in complete disgust every time I've heard his voice.


All of these four books I've read for the #CramAThon, so you can check out my #CramAThon Wrap Up for more details. Out of the four "Dracula" and "Burned alive" were the ones I liked, and the other too were not my cup of tea.


"07-Ghost" Volume 3-4 by  Yuki Amemiya and Yukino Ichihara

Genre: Manga
If you haven't heard about this one - it's one of my favorite animes. The manga is also pretty great, so check it out.

"Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman

Genre: Fantasy
I did not love this book, but I really enjoyed reading it. I have a full review on it here.


Genre: Non Fiction
This is one great, but sad read. After closing the last page of this book I was crying so hard. I think everyone should read this book or just another book about this topic because they really open up your eyes and make you think.


Genre: Non Fiction
This was one of my jar picks for this month and I hated it. I was really confused while reading this book, but I'm so happy that I've finally read it because it was sitting on my shelf for ages. More thoughts about it you can find here.

Genre: Short Stories
This is a book with short stories and I liked it, but it was not something great. I could have lived without reading this book. There were some pretty good stories and some were not really interesting.


"To All the Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han

Genre: Contemporary
I'm sure you've all heard about this book. Personally, I thought it was great like every other normal person. I was not so fond of Lara Jean, but Peter Kavinsky definitely made the book so much better for me. I adored him. I'm currently waiting for the second book to arrive and I'll be really pissed off if he is not there.

"Minions Volume 1: Banana!" by Renaud Collin and Didier Ah-Koon

Genre: Comics
This is definitely a read for really, really small kids. It's only with pictures and no words at all (well may be there are like 4-5 words in total). Despite that I think the pictures were funny to look at.

"Crescendo" by Becca Fitzpatrick

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Well, this book was worse than the first one which I did not think was possible. Communication, people - it's highly important!!! I want to finish this series but it's such a torture to read this books...

"Pilgrim" by Timothy Findley

Genre: Fantasy
This book was really strange...but not in the good way. Although it was interesting, all this talk about God and Heaven and stuff just killed the book for me. Damn, I really wanted to love this one...


Last but not least are all of the above, which I read during the #TBRTakedown 2.0 and I have a wrap up blog post for them, so you can check it out here.

Please leave a comment if you've read any of this books and what's your opinion about them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment