Thursday, September 3, 2015

Book Traveling Thursdays: Favorite Childhood Book

The Book Traveling Thursdays meme is created by Danielle at Danielle’s Book Blog and Catia at TheGirlWhoReadTooMuch. Every week you choose a book for your blog post that fits the weekly theme (which you can find in the Goodreads group), you share why you chose that book and finally post picture of the original cover, the covers from your country, your favorite cover, and your least favorite cover.


This week’s topic is “No matter their age, everyone remembers their favorite childhood book” and for this one you have to choose a book that you loved when you were a little reader. I don’t remember reading as much as I would have wanted as a child, but I did have my reading moments. One of my all-time favorite childhood books is “A Little Princess” by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

Original Cover:
I don't really like this cover but it's not horrible to look at.

Bulgarian Cover:
I like our cover. It speaks "childhood" to me.

Favorite Covers:
                          1) UK                                          2) US                                             3) Russian

These are three really beautiful covers. I really love the color schemes and the fonts and the art.

Least Favorite Fovers:
                     1) US                                                2) US                                             3) UK

These are some horrible covers. The first one just doesn't speak "book for children", but more "really boring non-fiction book". The second cover is really creepy. And in the third one the girl has a really strange look on her face.

Wow, I have a lot of editions in English this week. I did not do that on purpose. I just really did not mind the covers of all of the other editions.

What do you think about my covers? If you have a Book Traveling Thursdays blog post, share it in the comments. I would love to check it out :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the pink and black cover on your favorites section, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, the last cover in the middle is super creepy, it makes it look like a ghost story. I'd read it though hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I chose it in my least favorites not because the cover is ugly but because it doesn't fit the story at all :)

      Delete