Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Classics Edition

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.


Today was a free topic so I decided to talk about my favorite classics. I have not read a lot of those and I don't have many posts with this topic so here it goes...


I can't write about classics without mentioning this book because it's one of my favorites. And the movie and TV series adaptations are really good and so accurate to the book.

“East of Eden” by John Steinbeck
I absolutely love this book. It was my first John Steinbeck read and it's my favorite one of his works.

One of my favorite book to movie adaptations of all time. The movie is not absolutely true to the story in the actual book and some may like the Phantom in the movies while hating him in the book, but it's one of my favorite characters.

I loved all of the stories in this book, but my favorites are "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" and "The Body Snatcher". I don't classify these works as horrors, but I really like them.

“Dracula” by Bram Stoker
Dracula is one of the few vampires in books that I like. He is scary but you can love him in a twisted way...like I do.


“Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Brontë
I really hate all of the characters in this book, but I loved reading it. Does anybody feel the same way?

“A Little Princess” by Frances Hodgson Burnett
My favorite classic for children. I've read it multiple times when I was younger and I'm planning on rereading it soon.

“Wuthering Heights” by Emily Brontë
This is another classic that I enjoyed reading, but I hated the characters.

“Nights with the White Horse” by Pavel Vezhinov
This is a really good Bulgarian classic that I have only read last year. I absolutely loved it. I don't know if any of you can find it somewhere, but I recommend it if you have a chance to read it.

“Under the Yoke” by Ivan Vazov
This was my favorite required reading in high school. The subject is really heavy and a lot of Bulgarians don't read this book because of that, but I think it's a great read about our history and we should not avoid it.

These were my top ten classics. Tell me what you think about my picks in the comments and if you have a blog post about this topic share a link and I'll be happy to read it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment