Thursday, August 27, 2015

Book Traveling Thursdays: Book That Occurs in High School

The Book Traveling Thursdays meme is created by Danielle at Danielle’s Book Blog and Catia at TheGirlWhoReadTooMuch. Every week you choose a book for your blog post that fits the weekly theme (which you can find in the Goodreads group), you share why you chose that book and finally post picture of the original cover, the covers from your country, your favorite cover, and your least favorite cover.


This week’s topic is “It is almost time to go back to school” and for this one you have to choose a book that mostly occurs in a high school. Damn…I don’t have a lot of those…the problem is that most of the books I’ve read with high school set-up I did not like…The one that I really, really loved is “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green.

Original Cover:
I really like the original cover. It's simple and blue, what's not to like :)

Bulgarian Cover:
It's absolutely the same as the original cover, except that everything is written in Bulgarian and the quotes are different.

Favorite Covers:
                      1) Finnish                                    2) Hebrew                                    3) Portuguese

The Finnish edition is so gorgeous. I adore it. The cover for the Hebrew edition is reallt interesting. For some reason it reminds me of Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" which I love. And finally the cover of the Portuguese edition which for some reason reminds me of Christmas...

Least Favorite Covers:
            1) Lithuanian                       2) Serbian                    3) Spanish                              4) Thai

The cover of the Lithuanian edition has nothing to do with the book...The cover of the Serbian edition - I just don't like how it looks...The cover of the Spanish editionhas nothing to do with the book, either...Finally, the cover of the Thai edition - usually I like simple covers, but this one is not pretty at all...

What do you think about my picks? If you have a Book Traveling Thursdays blog post, share it in the comments. I would love to check it out :)

2 comments:

  1. I also picked a John Green book for this topic (https://anettereads.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/book-traveling-thursday-2-high-school-setting/) :D

    I don't mind the Serbian cover but I agree with you on the Lithuanian one especially. That one's really terrible. What I love about the Norwegian edition (I'm Norwegian) is that the title is literally "Fuck Fate". Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete