Friday, January 29, 2016

Library Hunt #1

Welcome to my first ever Library Hunt!

So, I went to the library yesterday to return a huge pile of books and of course I returned home with another one. The pile could have been bigger, but we are allowed to take only up to 7 books.


The only two books I was planning to get are:

"In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex" by Nathaniel Philbrick, which I didn't even know was a book. I've only heard about the movie and I have plans to watch it.

"The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian" by Sherman Alexie, which I've heard mixed things about, but I really want to give it a try.


The other books I just got on a whim, because they sounded interesting. I've never heard anything about them, but I hope I'll like them.

"Mandala Road" by Masako Bando - it doesn't have a high rating on Goodreads, but I may be pleasantly surprised.

"The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven" by Sherman Alexie - while searching for "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian", I found this book, so I decided to pick it up.

"Of A Boy" by Sonya Hartnett - I know nothing about this book. It sounds like a mystery novel.

"Broken" by Shy Keenan - I really like reading sad books and I have a thing for non-fiction books about child abuse or hard childhood in general. I'm sure I will like this one.

If you've read any of these books, please share you thoughts in the comments! Also, do you like the format of this post? Because I can may be include pictures from my local library while browsing through the books, if that is going to be interesting for you! Any opinions will be very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment